A 311

A 311

18 avril, 2024

3 DURAS: l'expression du regret

 


PRACTICE (2): regrets

Complete using the right form of the verb.

1-Someone broke into my house yesterday. If only I had locked the door!

2-I don’t have a best friend. I wish I had one!

3-I’m in love with this boy…. If only he liked me back!

4-We had an exam last week and I failed. I wish I had worked harder!

5-I miss my mum… I wish she were here.

6-We ran fast but we lost the race. If only we had won.


Rephrase to express regrets.

1-We missed our plane. If only we hadn’t missed our plane!

2-He hates me I wish he didn’t hate me!

3-They lost the race. If only they hadn’t lost the race.

4-I don’t know my grandparents. I wish I knew my grandparents.

5-My sister isn’t nice with me! If only she were nice with me.

6-She isn’t here. I wish she were here!


Read the situation and write two sentences to express Lola’s regrets.

Lola’s parents offered her an expensive mobile phone for her birthday. A week later, she went to a nightclub with her friends. She took a cab to go home and she forgot her mobile phone on the back seat…                                                                                 

If only she hadn’t been to a nightclub!

She wishes she had stayed home!

If only she hadn’t forgotten her mobile phone on the back seat!

If only she hadn’t lost her phone!

She wishes she hadn’t forgotten her mobile phone.

 

Lock: verrouiller / fermer à clé

Fail: échouer

Cab: taxi

Back seat: banquette(siège) arrière (voiture)

Front seat: siège avant (voiture)

 

The idiom of the day:


"it's raining in great amounts"










"feeling of nervousness"

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.