A 311

A 311

11 avril, 2024

3 DURAS: the poem!

 

I am

I am the person you bullied at school,

I am the person who didn’t how to be cool,

I am the person you alienated,

I am the person you ridiculed and hated.

 

I am the person who sat on her own,

I am the person who walked home alone,

I am the person you scared every day,

I am the person who had nothing to say.

 

I am the person with hurt in her eyes,

I am the person you never saw cry,

I am the person living alone with her fears,

I am the person destroyed by her peers.

 

I am the person who drowned in your scorn,

I am the person who wished she hadn’t been born,

I am the person you destroyed for fun,

I am the person, but not the only one.

 

I am the person whose name you don’t know,

I am the person who just can’t let go,

I am the person who has feelings too,

And I am a person, just like you.                                        a poem by Laura, Bullying UK

 


 

The poem

The poem is about the feelings of a bullied girl. In the poem, she says the students make fun of her, she also feels ostracized and alone.      

Her feelings

She must have been hurt. She must have felt alone.

She must have felt powerless because of the bullying.

She must have had suicidal thoughts because she says « I am the person who wished she hadn’t been born.»  She is expressing regrets.

 

Powerless: impuissant

Suicidal thoughts: des pensées suicidaires

 

The idiom of the day:


 "not paying attention"








"good luck"


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.